Office: EC 417
Lab: EC 223-A
Address: 1001 University Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30010
System security, multimedia networking, mobile computing
Dr. Chun-Ying Huang is a Professor at the Department of Computer Science, National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (formerly known as National Chiao Tung University). He received his Ph.D in Electrical Engineering Department from National Taiwan University in 2007. Dr. Huang leads security and systems laboratory in National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University. From 2008 to 2013, he was an Assistant Professor at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Taiwan Ocean University, and was an Associate Professor at the same department between 2013 and 2016. He joined National Chiao Tung University as an Associate Professor in 2016, and is a Professor since 2018. His research interests include system security, multimedia networking, and mobile computing. He served as PIs or co-PIs of several teaching, research, and industrial projects in network and system security areas, including the information security incubation program (ISIP and AIS3) from the Ministry of Education (MoE) and Taiwan information security center program (TWISC) at NYCU from the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST). Dr. Huang received ACM Taipei/Taiwan Chapter K. T. Li Young Researcher Award in 2014, MOST Excellent Young Scholar Grants in 2021, and NCTU/NYCU excellent teaching awards in 2020 and 2021. He currently serves as the Institute of Network Engineering Director at National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University.
Please have a look at the "publications" page.
- Director, Institute of Network Engineering, NYCU (2022—)
- Director, Degree Program of Cyber Security Management, NCTU/NYCU (2018—2022)
- Secretary General, Chinese Cryptology and Information Security Association (2018—2021)
- Professor, Department of Computer Science, NCTU/NYCU (2018—)
- Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, NCTU (2016—2018)
- Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, NTOU (2013—2016)
- Director, Divison of Campus Network, Office of Library and Information Technology, NTOU (2012—2016)
- Director, Divison of Extracurricular Activities, Office of Student Affairs, NTOU (2010—2012)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, NTOU (2008—2013)