I am an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at NCTU,
and leading the
NEtworking and Mobile Systems (NEMS) laboratory (@ MIRC Building 704) in the department. I was awarded MTK Junior Chair Professor in 2016.
I received a PhD degree in Computer Science from UCLA, where I was a member of the WiNG group led by Professor Songwu Lu, in 2015.
Before that, I received an MS degree in Computer Science from NCTU in 2006,
and two Bechelor's degrees in Computer Science and Management Science from NCTU in 2004.
My research interests include
mobile networks and systems, and
Please download my CV here.
- May. 2018 Our Wi-Fi calling paper receives Best Paper Award at IEEE CNS'18.
- Jul. 2017 My proposal is awarded 優秀年輕學者研究計畫 (科技部).
- Nov. 2016 I am awarded MTK Junior Chair Professor.
- Sep. 2016 Our NEMS Lab (@ MIRC Building 704) is launched.
- Aug. 2016 4G SMS Security has been accepted by ACM CCS'16.
*** I am looking for a master/Phd research assistant (Full-time MOST Research Assistant). People who plan to study aboard are very welcome. The employment period is quite flexible (Negotiable).
I am looking for self-motivated students (including undergraduate, master, and phd) who want to work on interesting problems in the areas of networking and mobile systems. My ongoing research projects include but not limited to protocol desgins for WiFi networks, security in mobile devices (Android) and networks (3G/4G/5G), SDN (Software-defined networking). The potential students are expected to be willing to learn, to explore, and to code. If you are interested in working with me, please schedule a meeting with me via email.
- Sep. 2017 "An Energy Efficiency Perspective on Rate Adaptation for 802.11n NIC," Institute of Communications Engineering, National Tsing Hua University
- Jul. 2017 "New Security Threats Caused by IMS-based Services in 4G LTE Networks," Mediatek Inc., Hsinchu Taiwan
- Mar. 2017 "New Security Threats Caused by IMS-based Services in 4G LTE Networks," Department of Electronics Engineering, National Chiao Tung University
- Dec. 2016 "New Security Threats Caused by IMS-based Services in 4G LTE Networks," Taiwan International Graduate Program, Academia Sinica
- Nov. 2016 "New Security Threats Caused by IMS-based Services in 4G LTE Networks," Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Central University
- Nov. 2016 "An Energy Efficiency Perspective on Rate Adaptation for 802.11n NIC," 3rd Frontiers of Communications and Networking Workshop (FCN 2016)
- Oct. 2016 "Toward Customizable Wi-Fi," Department of Communication Engineering, National Taipei University