Call for Tutorials
The 16th Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium
Sponsored by IEICE ICM, KICS KNOM
September 17-19, 2014 in Hsinchu, Taiwan
The APNOMS 2014 organizing committee invites proposals for tutorials to be given at APNOMS 2014 in National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, September 17-19, 2014. Several 90-minute tutorials will be given on September 17, prior to the technical sessions. We solicit proposals for tutorials on all topics of network and service management. Especially encouraged are topics related to integrated management of software defined infrastructure, advanced network operations and service management for scalable, seamless & secure, and mobile broadband services including architecture, technologies, experiences, standardization activities and so forth.
Same amount of money with registration fee will be paid per tutorial as an honorarium. No travel expense will be paid.
Proposals for tutorials should contain:
- A two-sentence description of the tutorial, suitable for inclusion in the conference registration brochure.
- A two-paragraph description of the tutorial, suitable for a web page overview.
- A detailed outline of the tutorial.
- A characterization of the potential target audience for the tutorial, including prerequisite knowledge. Indicate which of the above objectives are best served by the proposed tutorial.
- A description of why the tutorial topic would be of interest to a substantial part of the APNOMS audience.
- A brief resume of the presenter(s), which should include:
- Title (e.g., Professor/Dr./Mr./Ms.)
- Postal address
- Phone and fax numbers
- E-mail address
- Other information, such as citation to an available example of work in the area and evidence of teaching experience.
Proposals should be submitted to the tutorial co-chairs via e-mail by no later than May 31, 2014. The subject line should be: “APNOMS 2014 TUTORIAL PROPOSAL.” We regret that proposals will not be accepted by regular mail or fax.
Presentation stuff will be included in conference proceedings but will NOT be indexed by any scholarly research database. The copyright of presentation stuff will belong to the author(s). The author(s) may transfer the copyright to a journal publisher if the same content or its extended version is submitted separately to a journal.
- 2014/5/31 Tutorial Proposals due
- 2014/7/16 Notification of acceptance (Tutorial)
- 2014/8/18 Camera-ready paper due (Tutorial)
Please send any enquiry on APNOMS 2013 to Tutorial Co-Chairs:
- Dr. Yu-Huang Chu (Chunghwa Telecom. Lab., Taiwan) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kiyohito Yoshihara (KDDI R&D Labs., Japan) email@example.com
- Prof. Hongtaek Ju (Keimyung Univ., South Korea) firstname.lastname@example.org